Member Code of Conduct
Syracuse Chargers Track Club, Inc.
The Syracuse Chargers Track Club plays an important role in serving the recreational, health-maintenance, and competitive needs of individuals in our community. It is important that all club members embrace the values of good sportsmanship by demonstrating fairness, respect, and responsible behavior, and help to support a sports environment whereby the health, safety, and welfare of all participants is a top priority. The Syracuse Chargers Code of Conduct offers general principles and a baseline of behavior expectations to help guide the conduct, and judicious appraisal of conduct, in club situations that have ethical implications. The club grants the privilege of participation to those individuals committed to this mission. The privilege of participation may, therefore, be withdrawn by the Chargers at any time it is determined that a member’s conduct is inconsistent with the Code of Conduct or the best interest of the event and its participants.
All club members will be deemed to have accepted the Code of Conduct and subscribed to the principles and responsibilities embodied in them.
- Show respect to all persons involved in any Charger sponsored event or activity.
- Show respect and appreciation for the volunteers who give their time to help and support the club and events.
- Never yell, taunt, or threaten physical violence upon another member of the club, a volunteer, or event spectator.
- Members with a criminal history of violence or with a legal restraining order against them by another person may be barred from membership and participation in club events.
- Never use abusive or vulgar language, or make racial, ethnic, or gender-related slurs or derogatory comments at club activities.
- Never make unwanted sexual or physical contact with other members. Members listed on a sex offender registry, convicted of a sex crime or of having, creating, or distributing child pornography will be immediately barred from membership and all participation in club activities.
- Abide by all rules and engage in fair competition, which includes anti-doping compliance, no course cutting, or other means of gaining a competitive advantage that is considered cheating when participating in club events or other track and field events.
- Report violations of the Member Code of Conduct to the Chargers Board in writing.