In March of 1987, the Board of Directors of the Syracuse Chargers Track Club, Inc. (hereafter referred to as the “Chargers”) approved a set of principles and policies pertaining to the Club’s competitive teams. These policies support the Charger’s mission which, as stated in the Certificate of Incorporation, includes support for competitive participation in track and field, cross country and road running. The charter further states that the Chargers shall support meets with similarly constituted organizations and shall encourage competition by Charger members in age group competition in both national and international events.
The adoption of these policies led to the practice of reimbursing certain Chargers for some of their nominal costs — primarily event entry fees — incurred while competing on Charger teams or on behalf of the Chargers. A committee comprised of Nate White (chair), Mark Powell, Howard Rubin, Dedra Croll, Evelyn White, and Dave Oja developed the following policies:
Road and Cross Country Races
- The cost of entry fees will be reimbursed for Charger team members only.
- Competitors must be members of both USATF and the Chargers. Charger competitors should indicate on their USATF membership forms that their club number is 092.
- The team competition must be legitimate competition. This should be specified on the race entry form. It does not include teams in charity events, a marathon relay team, etc.
- Following the race, eligible team members who competed may be reimbursed for their entry fee. The team coordinator should assist with the reimbursement process.
- The team coordinator is responsible for submitting the results for the NEWSLETTER and possible Charger records.
- Any team money awards should be shared by all formally-declared members of the winning team, not just the scoring members.
- Team members should wear a Charger T-shirt, singlet, or uniform during competition.
- Any proposed exceptions to the foregoing should be presented by the team coordinator to the Charger Board prior to the race.
Track and Field
- Entry fees will be reimbursed for competition in USATF championships — local, regional and national, and for WAVA world championships.
- Reimbursement of entry fees is limited to a maximum of three (3) events in a meet.
- Competitors must be members of both USATF and the Chargers. Charger competitors should indicate on their USATF membership forms that their club number is 092;
- Competitors wishing reimbursement must list themselves as competing for the Syracuse Chargers Track Club and should wear a Charger T-shirt, singlet, or uniform during competition.
- The team coordinator is responsible for handling reimbursement for the events in which the member competed (up to a maximum of 3 events).
- The team coordinator is responsible for submitting the results for the NEWSLETTER and for Charger records.
- Any proposed exceptions to the foregoing should be presented by the team coordinators to the Charger Board prior to the competition.
Please contact the team coordinator if you have any questions.