Sea, Air, and Space Challenge
The Coast Guard, Air Force, and Space Force recently announced the first-ever Sea, Air, and Space Challenge.
This trio of events, the Coast Guard Marathon (March 3-5 in Elizabeth City, N.C.), Air Force Marathon (September 15-17, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH), and the Space Force T-minus 10-Miler (Dec 10, Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, FL), offer a unique opportunity this year for members of the forces, family, and supporters to make history in this inaugural cross-race challenge. Whether this or some other long-distance goal has your attention this year, remember that there are some great books in the Stabler Running Collection at Syracuse University Libraries like
- Huff’s Marathoner: What to Expect When Training for and Running a Marathon (2021),
- Evans’ 119 Days to Go: How to Train for and Smash Your First Marathon (2021),
- Butter’s Running the World: My World-Record Breaking Adventure to Run a Marathon in Every Country on Earth, or
- Brewer’s Run smart: using science to improve performance and expose marathon running’s greatest myths
- and many more could help you prepare or keep you inspired.